Experienced Attorneys For Construction Contracts And Payment Issues
Construction is a complex industry. The legal considerations alone can be daunting. The law impacts everything from contractual arrangements to securing the right to fair payment.
At Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, our Kansas City attorneys are well-versed in the intricacies of construction law in both Missouri and Kansas. For more than a decade, we have successfully represented contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, laborers and others in the construction industry with a broad range of contract and payment issues.
We offer knowledgeable representation in the following types of cases, among others:
- Mechanic’s liens: These tools are critical for securing your right to get paid, but the process for properly filing and foreclosing on mechanic’s liens is complex. We can guide you through the process.
- Construction contracts: Contracts are at the core of the construction industry. They establish your legal rights and obligations. We offer legal assistance in negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, and we also handle contract-related disputes.
- Extra work and change orders: We can help defend your right to get paid for work and supplies beyond the scope of the contract.
- Past-due payment and collections: Our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the specific Missouri and Kansas laws that allow contractors to pursue overdue payment.
- Surety bond and Miller Act claims: These types of claims come with very specific rules and procedures. Our lawyers can help you take the legal steps necessary to protect your right to collect.
- Business organization issues: We handle all types of organizational matters, including the formation of minority business enterprises (MBE) and women’s business enterprises (WBE).
Contact Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC
We have experience handling legal matters stemming from all kinds of construction projects, from residential developments to commercial construction, road construction, power plants and more. To learn more about the legal services we provide, contact us at 866-578-5199.